Bread and Butter PuddingFrom charliex 7 years ago
- 250g white bread (doesn't matter if it is a bit stale) shopping list
- 30g butter (NOT margarine) shopping list
- 1/4 cup raisins (or sultanas) shopping list
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional) shopping list
- 1 tin condensed milk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 3 tbsp caster sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Butter one side of each slice of bread and layer in an oven dish with raisins/sultanas and chocolate chips.
- Mix together sugar and egg and yolks until creamy
- gently heat condensed milk, but do not allow to boil
- add the egg/sugar mixture to the warm milk, mixing thoroughly
- pour mixture over bread in dish and leave to stand for 5 minutes. (It helps to press the bread a little bit to make sure it absorbs as much as possible.
- Bake in a medium hot over for approx 30 minutes (until sauce has set)
The Cookcharliex Mexico, MX
- Not added to any groups yet!