Cold Sesame Noodle SaladFrom whodunitrdr 5 years ago
- 1 pound spaghetti shopping list
- 1 (1-in piece) fresh ginger root ; peeled and chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic ; peeled shopping list
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup dark toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chili paste (Thai style) shopping list
- 1/2 cup hot water shopping list
- 1 medium carrot ; peeled and shredded shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions ; sliced shopping list
- 1 small red bell pepper ; chopped shopping list
- 1 cup snow peas ; cut in 1/2" slices on an angle shopping list
- toasted sesame seeds (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook spaghetti in boiling, salted water until al dente.
- When noodles have about 1 minute left to cook, add sliced snow peas to the pot to blanche.
- Drain, rinse under cold water and let drain well.
- Meanwhile, fit food processor with chopping blade. With motor running, drop garlic cloves and ginger into bowl to mince finely.
- Stop motor and add brown sugar, peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili paste and hot water to garlic and ginger.
- Blend until smooth.
- When noodles are cold, combine noodles, vegetables and dressing until well coated.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds if desired.