Savory Squash And Mushroom Bread PuddingFrom hot_it_up 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, some is for a baking pan shopping list
- 3 cups baby bella mushrooms, cleaned and sliced shopping list
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced small shopping list
- 3 cups small yellow squash grated shopping list
- 6 slices sourdough bread, cut in large cubes shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated jack cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese or farmers cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups milk shopping list
- !/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Butter a 9- by 9-inch baking dish. In a heavy skillet, melt butter and saute mushrooms and onion until tender. Turned off the heat and add the squash.
- Layer bread, veggie mixture and cheeses in the baking dish.
- Combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; whisk them until blended. Pour the egg mixture over the layered ingredients. Covered and refrigerate 3 hours to overnight.
- Before baking top with grated cheese and a slice of tomato
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for about 40 minutes or until top is brown and eggs are firm. .
The Cookhot_it_up Columbiana, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!