Roasted Red Pepper and Hot Sausage Pasta SauceFrom mrsc543 7 years ago
- 12 oz. jar of roasted red peppers shopping list
- 7 oz. fire roasted diced tomatoes (Hunts sells a 14 oz can) shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 1 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- hot pepper flakes , to taste shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a sauce pan, saute onion and sausages in olive oil.
- Place roasted peppers, tomatoes and garlic in food processor and blend until smooth. Add vinegar, hot pepper flakes, salt and pepper and mix.
- Remove sausages from oil and slice them.
- Add sausages and red pepper mixture back into the sauce pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve over pasta and enjoy!