Pork Chops with Bacon and CabbageFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 2 Tb olive oil shopping list
- 4 bone-in pork chops (1" thick) shopping list
- coarse salt and black pepper shopping list
- 4 strips bacon,coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 med. onion,cut into 1/2" slices shopping list
- 1 head green cabbage (about 2-1/2 lbs) cored and cut in 8 wedges shopping list
- 3 Tbs flour shopping list
- 3 c whole milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400. Set a large roasting pan across 2 burners over high heat;add oil and heat. Season pork with salt and pepper;brown on one side,3 to 5 mins. Flip and cook 1 min more. Transfer to plate.
- Reduce heat to med. Add bacon;cook until golden,about 5 mins. Add onion;cook until softened,5 mins. Add cabbage,cut side down and cook till light golden,about 6 mins. Flip and cook until slightly tender,about 3 mins
- Add flour and stir till coated. Add milk and cook,stirring constantly till thickened,about 4 mins.
- Season with salt and pepper,then nestle chops in sauce.
- Transfer pan to oven . Bake until pork is cooked through,about 10 mins.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating2 people
sounds good...thanks and five forks
peetapeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it