Southern Steamed Hamburgers with Onions and GarlicFrom cuzpat 7 years ago
- You Will Need shopping list
- 3 pounds lean ground beef shopping list
- 2 large onions, cut into rings shopping list
- fresh garlic cloves, at least 2, chopped or sliced very thin shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- hot sauce shopping list
- lettuce shopping list
- tomatoes shopping list
- hamburger buns shopping list
How to make it
- In a Dutch oven or roaster, melt butter and sauté 1 onion and garlic until soft. Season while sautéeing.
- while they are cooking, shape beef into 1/4-pound hamburger patties. Season patties, brown in a skillet or frying pan, stack on top of sautéed onions. Top patties with the other onion, and add 1 cup of water and some hot sauce.
- Cover and let simmer on very low heat for a couple of hours minimum, to absorb the flavor of the onions, garlic and hot sauce.
- When done, place burger on buns, add onions garlic and hot juice, with lettuce and tomatoes if you like!
- place top on burgers and enjoys!!