Butternut Squash And Bulghar Wheat CasseroleFrom matfromengland 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion, sliced shopping list
- 2 garlic clothes, crushed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds shopping list
- 1 tablespoon paprika shopping list
- 225g/8oz sweet potatoes, cubed shopping list
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 butternut squash (about 550g/1lb 4oz), peeled and chopped shopping list
- 400g can chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 200ml / 7fl oz red wine shopping list
- 300ml / 1/2 pint vegetable stock shopping list
- 75g / 2,3/4 (two & three quarter) oz bulghar wheat shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 4 spoonfuls Greek or plain yogurt shopping list
- Grated cheddar cheese or anything similar shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pan heat the olive oil, then cook the onion and garlic for 5-7 minutes until the onion is softened. Add the cumin seeds and paprika, then cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the sweet potato, red pepper and butternut squash and toss with the onion and spices for 2 mins.
- Pour in the tomatoes, red wine and vegetable stock, season, then simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the bulgar wheat, cover with a lid, then simmer for 15 minutes more until the vegetables are tender, the bulghar wheat is cooked and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve in bowls topped with a spoonful of Greek style yogurt and grated cheese. It's great with fresh warm bread.
The Cookmatfromengland Peterborough, GB
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!