Crispy Fried Frog LegsFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- • 2 to 2 1/2 pounds small frog legs shopping list
- • 1/3 cup lemon juice shopping list
- • crushed ice shopping list
- • 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- • 2 eggs -- separated shopping list
- • 2 teaspoons vegetable oil shopping list
- • salt and pepper shopping list
- • 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- • vegetable oil for deep frying shopping list
How to make it
- Wash frog legs thoroughly.
- Place in a large bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice, and cover with crushed ice.
- Refrigerate 1 to 3 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, egg yolks, and 2 teaspoons oil.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into milk and egg yolk mixture.
- Sprinkle frog legs with salt and pepper; dip each in milk-egg mixture, then dredge in flour.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep-fryer or skillet to 375°. Fry frog legs until golden brown.
- When you remove the frog legs transfer to paper towels to drain.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating6 people
LOVE frogs legs! Taste like chicken...lol. Used to get them at a restaurant on the harbor in Annapolis. Used to see them in my Aunt Jean's freezer up in the country! Along with rows upon rows of the most beautiful jars of tomatoes and cherries an...morecrabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
Love frog legs....used to peel the little rubber bands off their legs at the restaurant and get them ready to dredge (we served them ala provencal, fried and then drenched in garlic butter). Thought what a weird job, binding frog legs together with ...morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
I just love frog legs! Just hard to find a place to go gigging anymore :(
Thanks JJmrjwjohnson in Delmar loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!