Doombs Crock Pot Potato ChowderFrom 99bordeaux 6 years ago
- 9-12 potatoes, cut into bite-size chunks (if using red no need to peel :-) shopping list
- 1-2 bay leaves, depending on the size shopping list
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix (or store brand) shopping list
- 2 cans cheddar cheese soup, concentrate (like Campbells) shopping list
- 8 ounce sour cream shopping list
- 2 soup cans full milk shopping list
- 1 medium Onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1-2 cups diced ham (any kind will do) shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- Place potatoes into a pot and cover with water.
- Add onion soup mix & bay leaves and boil until potatoes are cooked, 20-30 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking melt butter in a pan.
- Add onions and saute for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, but *SAVE* 1 1/2 cups of the boiling water and set aside.
- Combine both cans cheddar cheese soup and sour cream into a crock pot.
- Whisk in milk and the reserved onion potato water.
- Add potatoes, onion and ham and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Cook in crock pot over High = 3-4 hours *OR* Low = all day.
The Cook99bordeaux Richmond, VA
The Rating2 people
I searched high and low for a potato chowder recipe when I finally found this one. This recipe was absolutely amazing. It received rave reviews from the entire group I fed it to with several asking for the recipe.bunkadunk in tacoma loved it
Love this recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!