Chocolate Chip CakeFrom sandygalesmith 4 years ago
- Pie: shopping list
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla shopping list
- 3 cups chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional) shopping list
- Whipped Cream: shopping list
- 2 pints (4 cups) heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup confectioners' (powdered) sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350o F.Grease two 9-inch pie plates; set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and powder. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated.Beat in the vanilla.Add flour mixture, a little at a time, and mix until fully combined.Fold in the 3 cups chocolate chips and, if desired, the walnuts.Divide the dough between the prepared pie plates and smooth the tops with a spatula.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until pies are golden and slightly firm to the touch but still soft.If the pies begin to darken too much before they are baked through, cover with foil and continue baking.Let pies completely on a wire rack.
- While the pies cool, whip the cream until soft peakes form (tips curl). Add the confections' sugar and whip until just combined.Fold in the chocolate chips.Refrigerate whipped cream until ready to use. Spread the whipped cream over the pies and serve.
- Makes 12 to 16 servings
The Cooksandygalesmith Saint Joseph, MO
The Rating4 people
Sounds yummy!a1patti in Salem loved it
yes, I love chocolate chips, never thought of putting them in cake! excellent post!!hunnee in Nanaimo loved it
Another favorite - Paula Deen and her boys. Love the recipe and can't wait to try it. Thanks Sandy and you've got my 5 forks ;)pippy in loved it