Adobo ChickenFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 4 chicken legs with thighs attached (3/4 lb ea.) shopping list
- 2 Tb sweet smoked paprika shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 Tb olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 lb sliced,dried chorizo shopping list
- 1 large onion,cut in strips shopping list
- 8 whole ,peeled garlic cloves shopping list
- 1/2 c white wine or dry sherry shopping list
- 1 can fire-roasted,adobo-seasoned diced tomatoes shopping list
- 2 fresh bay leaves shopping list
- 1 c mixed olives with pits shopping list
- 6 large sprig of fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 pint mixed cherry tomatoes shopping list
How to make it
- Rub chicken legs all over with paprika and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in 6qt. Dutch oven over med-high heat;brown chicken all over,then remove to plate. To the fat in skillet,add chorizo,onion and garlic cloves;saute 4 min or till onion is translucent..
- Pour in sherry or wine and scrape bottom of pot with wooden spoon. Add diced tomatoes,bay leaves,olives,thyme and cherry tomatoes.
- Return the chicken to the pot and bring to a boil;reduce heat to low,cover and braise 50 to 60 mins,spooning sauce over chicken a few times,until chicken is fork tender.