Best chicken curryFrom charrm1 7 years ago
- 1 whole chicken cut-up (1,5 kg) or 8 to 10 chicken pieces shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped) shopping list
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh ginger (finely chopped) shopping list
- juice of 1 lime shopping list
- 90 ml (6 tbsp) olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 white onion (finely chopped) shopping list
- 1 green pepper shopping list
- 1 red pepper shopping list
- 60 to 90 ml (4 to 6 tbsp) curry powder shopping list
- 500 ml (2 cups) coconut milk shopping list
- 310 ml (1 1/4 cup) water shopping list
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) brown sugar shopping list
- red pepper strips and fresh basil leaves or coriander for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- This first step can be done the previous evening or early morning to save time at dinner time. Wash and pat dry of the chicken (inside and out). Cut-up in 8 to 10 pieces. Mix together in a small bowl, the black pepper, salt, ginger, garlic and lime juice. Baste the chicken pieces with this mixture. Let the chicken marinate at least an hour or so (covered) in the refrigerator or during the day or overnight for best flavours.
- At mealtime, warm up the oil in a wok or saucepan. Cook the onion and peppers until done. Add the curry powder mixed with a little bit of coconut milk and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add water, the rest of the coconut milk, the chicken pieces and let simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes. Then add the potatoes and brown sugar. Cover and simmer for an additional 45 minutes to one hour.
- In the meantime, cook your favorite white rice.
- Serve the chicken curry in a bowl on top of white rice. Garnish with red pepper strips and fresh basil leaves or fresh coriander. Enjoy!
The Cookcharrm1 Gatineau, Canada
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!