Baked Pumpkin Gnocchi with Blue Cheese SauceFrom wrigggit 7 years ago
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin, mashed (steamed or roasted) shopping list
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2/3 cup fine semolina shopping list
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 tspn crushed garlic shopping list
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tbspns finely chopped parsley shopping list
- nutmeg, salt and pepper to season shopping list
- fresh rocket leaves shopping list
- nigella (wild onion) seeds, or caraway seeds shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 2-3 cups light cream or a substitute such as evaporated milk shopping list
- 100g blue cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingreds for the gnocchi and stir well, making sure all ingreds are incorporated.
- Pour into a baking tray lined with baking paper and cook in a moderate oven (180DegC) til firm.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly.
- Cut into 3 cm cubes.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan and crumble in the blue cheese. Reduce til the cream has thickened slightly and teh blue cheese has melted.
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Spoon the sauce over teh gnocchi, sprinkle with a few nigella seeds.
- Top with a handful of rocket leaves and fresh grated parmesan.