Roasted Cauliflower with Mushroom SauceFrom beckar 5 years ago
- 1 head cauliflower shopping list
- assorted herbs and spices, minced (garlic, rosemary, thyme, pepper) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1½ cups mushrooms, diced shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. onion, minced shopping list
- splash wine (optional) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- ¼ half and half or heavy cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Toss cauliflower florets in mixture of oil (of choice) with minced garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Spread florets on baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes or until edges browned.
- In large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. oil of choice and 1 Tbsp. butter on medium-low heat. Add 1½ cups of diced mushroom mixture (choose your favorite mushrooms) along with 1 Tbsp. finely minced white onion or shallot. Sauté mushrooms until dark and tender, and add a splash of your choice of red/white wine as well as a sprinkle of salt and pepper. If desired, add ¼ cup of half and half to make creamy sauce. Pour over roasted cauliflower and serve.