Baked Rigatoni with Spinach Ricotta and FontinaFrom valinkenmore 4 years ago
- 1 pound rigatoni shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 10-ounce package frozen spinach, thawed shopping list
- 2 cups (about 1 pound) ricotta cheese shopping list
- 5 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper shopping list
- 6 ounces Fontina cheese, grated (about 1 1/2 cups) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with Pam.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the rigatoni until almost done, about 12 minutes. Drain. Put the pasta in the prepared baking dish and toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Meanwhile, squeeze as much of the water as possible from the spinach. Put the spinach in a food processor and puree with the ricotta, 3 tablespoons of the Parmesan, the nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Stir in half the fontina.
- Stir the spinach mixture into the pasta. Top with the remaining fontina and Parmesan. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over the top. Bake the pasta until the top is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- You can substitute another chunky pasta, such as penne rigate, penne, ziti, or fusilli. Boil all of these one or two minutes less.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating6 people
I love this quick take on canneloni. Sounds fabulous! A big 5 from me!mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
wow! picture perfect wonderful recipe high5 great postmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it