Honey BiscuitsFrom furbabies3 9 years ago
How to make it
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together into a mixing bowl.
- Cut in shortening with a fork until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Add milk gradually, blending until well combined.
- Place dough onto floured surface and pat into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle.
- Cream butter with honey and spread a portion of this mixture onto dough.
- Roll up as for jelly roll, then cut into 1 inch thick slices.
- Arrange on baking sheet with 1/2 inch space between each biscuit.
- Spread remaining honey-butter mixture on top of each biscuit.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- NOTE: For variation, cinnamon may be added to honey-butter mixture or chopped raisins, nuts or candied fruits may be sprinkled over biscuit dough before rolling.
The Cookfurbabies3 Northeast Florida, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!