Ratatouille-Pasta GratineeFrom mrsc543 6 years ago
- 2 cups each diced eggplant and sliced zucchini shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, divided shopping list
- 1 Tbsp plus 1tsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup sliced onions shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup canned Italian tomatoes with liquid; drain, seed and dice tomatoes, reserving liquid shopping list
- 2Tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano leaves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp each basil leaves and garlic powder* shopping list
- pepper, to taste shopping list
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti or fusilli (hot) shopping list
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Set large colander in sink; add eggplant and zucchini, sprinkle with salt and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Rinse vegetables under running cold water; drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a 12" nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat ; add eggplant, zucchini and onions and saute until soft, about 14 to 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, reserved liquid, tomato paste, remaining 1/2 tsp salt, oregano basil garlic powder, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally,
- until vegetables are thoroughly cooked and flavors are blended, 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a flameproof baking dish, arrange pasta and top with vegetable mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- *I use fresh basil leaves and a fresh garlic in place of the dried basil and garlic powder.
The Cookmrsc543 North Reading, MA
The Rating4 people
I love all of the flavors and textures, Yum! Fusilli is my new favorite as of late. It is a great base for any sauce.a1patti in Salem loved it
yummy recipe... five forks
peetapeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it