Pan-seared Sea Scallops with Lemon Thyme Basil SauceFrom babsalaba 7 years ago
- 1 lb sea scallops shopping list
- 3/4 cup cup dry white wine shopping list
- 2 oz fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 3 T chopped onions* shopping list
- 2 T heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 6 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into 6 pieces shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- For the sauce:
- Boil the wine, chopped onion, and lemon juice, in a heavy medium saucepan over high heat until mixture is significantly reduced (2 tablespoons) stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes. Add the thyme and basil about halfway, so 6 minutes in.
- Reduce heat to low and add the cream, whisking well.
- Whisk in 3 tablespoons of butter 1 piece at a time over low heat, then raise heat and whisk in the rest of the butter.
- Serve immediately or keep warm until ready, but it won't last long.
- For the scallops:
- Season the scallops on both sides with salt and white pepper.
- Heat olive oil to medium high in a large skillet, add the scallops and cook until golden on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve the scallops immediately over pasta or fresh greens, spooning the sauce liberally over the top.
- * The recipe called for shallots originally, but somehow the shallots never made it to my grocery bag, although they did make it onto the receipt. :/ Anyhow, I used a small amount of finely minced onion instead.