Cinnamon Cream Cheese SpiralsFrom notyourmomma 4 years ago
- NOTE: This is best prepared the night before, at the very minimum four hours before baking. shopping list
- 1 two lb. loaf of sliced white bread shopping list
- 1 lb. package of cream cheese at room temperature shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 cup of sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla shopping list
- a pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon shopping list
- 3 sticks of unsalted butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Again, the night before prep is best for these little tasty toasties.
- Cut the crusts off each slice of bread and use a rolling pin to roll the bread as thin as possible.
- Beat the cream cheese, the egg yolks, the sugar, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy.
- Spread this mixture on one third of each slce of bread.
- Do not worry if the proportions don't equal out...Sometimes I have more bread left and other times there is extra cream cheese. No worries.
- Roll up the slices as tightly as you can, pressing down on the edges to seal them tight.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a shallow pie plate.
- Dip each rolled up piece of bread and cream cheese into the melted butter, coating it on all sides.
- Then immediately coat it with the brown-sugar mixture.
- Put the rolls on the cookie sheet seam side down and FREEZE them for at least four hours.
- You can make them ahead and freeze them tightly wrapped for 2 months.
- When you are ready to have a delicious treat.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a sharp knife to slice each frozen roll into 3 or 4 sections.
- Return the slices to the greased or parchment-covered cookie sheet, sliced side down.
- Bake for five minutes, turn them over, and bake them for five minutes more on the other side, until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating3 people
Decadently desirable!! Thank you for the special treat recipe. 555555555555555ttaaccoo in Buffalo loved it
I have not had these in years! Thank you for posting a wonderful reminder. They are DELICIOUS!clbacon in Birmingham loved it
oooooooh....hadn't thought of this recipe in ages! Thanks for posting and reminding me! Think I will have to do some this week!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it