Friendship Soup Mix in a JarFrom pookiebear 7 years ago
- * 1/2 cup dry split peas shopping list
- * 1/3 cup beef bouillon granules shopping list
- * 1/4 cup pearl barley shopping list
- * 1/2 cup dry lentils shopping list
- * 1/4 cup dried onion flakes shopping list
- * 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning shopping list
- * 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain white rice shopping list
- * 2 bay leaves shopping list
- * 1/2 cup uncooked alphabet pasta shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a 1 1/2 pint jar, layer the split peas, bouillon, barley, lentils, onion flakes, Italian seasoning, rice, and bay leaves. Wrap the pasta in plastic wrap, and place in the jar. Seal tightly.
- 2. Attach a label to the jar with the following instructions: Friendship Soup ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS: 1 pound ground beef, black pepper to taste, garlic powder to taste, 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes - undrained, 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste, and 3 quarts water. TO PREPARE SOUP: Remove pasta from top of jar, and set aside. In a large pot over medium heat, brown beef with pepper and garlic; drain excess fat. Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, water, and soup mix. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover, and simmer for 45 minutes. Stir in the pasta, cover, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until the pasta, peas, lentils and barley are tender.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookpookiebear Regina, Canada
The Rating2 people
I think that You have just created for me
my Christmas Gift to the people on
my 'list' who have 'Everything'~ AND this
Delicious gift fits my 'budget'!
"5"FORK!!!!! and Thank-you!
...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
"Not to Worry"~ I will make a 'jar' for
I just might make this very soon for myself!
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it