Orange Preserves CakeFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cocoa shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- 1 cup orange preserves shopping list
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter softened shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa, cinnamon and allspice.
- Dissolve soda in buttermilk stirring well.
- Cream butter and sugar beating well then add egg yolks and beat mixture well.
- Mix flour mixture into the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture.
- Begin and end with flour then fold in preserves and pour into greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes then cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, butter and vanilla then beat until mixture is smooth.
- Spoon over cooled cake.