Poppy Seed CakeFrom mrsc543 4 years ago
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour, sifted shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds shopping list
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest shopping list
How to make it
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- Beat butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks one at a time.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to butter and egg mixture, alternately with buttermilk ending with dry ingredients.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add poppy seeds and lemon zest.
- Beat egg whites until foamy and gradually beat in remaining 1/4 cup sugar until soft peaks form.
- Fold in batter until no white remains.
- Pour into a greased 10" bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 55 minutes.
- Loosen cake and invert on wire rack.
- Cool and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar before serving.