Episode 8 - SA!

• chuckieb 9 years ago
    Oh my Goodness @ Rose's Mother. What a horrible, despicable woman. It's bad enough she's such a sorry wife who only seems to care about appearances but to sabotage your Daughter's wedding and heart? Shaking head. I was sure it was Attticus's Father initially. Good on Shrimpie for figuring it out. I like him.
    Didn't see it coming that Anna got hauled off to prison. We need a "Happily Ever After" thing here for sure. All this sadness, seperation, etc. is getting drawn out too long.
    Biggest Hurray to Lord Grantham for figuring it out all on his own that Marigold was his Grand-daughter. Glad to see he and Lady Grantham have made their amends. Also proud of him for putting up the memorial plaque for Mrs. Patmore's nephew. So sad to see her so upset about Daisy potentially leaving but then in the end it looks like Daisy had a change of heart again.
    Am tickled that Prince Kuragin is wooing The Dowager. Puts some softness to her edges and how nice it would be if they could share the years they have left. I googled him. His real name is Rade Serbedgia. He's from Croatia and is 68. GO MAGGIE!
    Next week is the last episode. I can't believe it. Now we will have to wait for FOREVER for Season 6. Boo.
    Flag
  • frankieanne 9 years ago said:
    Rant alert!
    I am just not enjoying Downton Abbey this time around as much as I did in the past. It seems like we are constantly being introduced to characters that go away and I’m left wondering why they were even shown to us in the first place. Miss Bunting comes to mind as well as the jazz singer that Rose got involved with. I find it preposterous that The Dowager would even employ someone like Denker the Drinker. And how long has Tom gone on about leaving? Sybie is how many years old? And Lord Grantham puts two and two together because Marigold (gad, that name) looks like Gregson of all people? I guess that just shows how invisible poor Edith is to him. And the fact that Edith got Marigold into the family home at all with that crazy story. I think Mrs. Drewe would have gossiped that all over the village with the way she was treated. And how the heck did someone take a picture of Atticus and tart-for-hire? Cameras weren’t exactly tiny back then and would have needed a flash indoors at night. And why was it introduced into the storyline that Mary the Ice Queen slept with Gillingham that one time? Just so Bates could find her contraceptive contraption that Anna hid?
    Well, we know Anna didn’t murder Mr. Green because she was wondering if Bates had. So, who did? I guess that’s the big mystery. But, the bigger mystery is why she was arrested at all after all this time. One witness who saw her in the same place as Green? London has a lot of people in it. And if they had run into each other by chance, it wouldn’t be odd that Mr. Green would have said, “What are you doing here?” Pretty flimsy evidence. Even the bumbling inspector said Green had attacked other women. And how could tiny 78 pound Anna push him anyway? Another plot concoction to keep these two once romantic now turned sad and dreary couple apart. Thank goodness for Mosely and Baxter or I would need anti-depressants in order to watch the show.
    The writing has gone downhill for me. I’m watching it for the clothes and the few snappy lines. I have this season on DVD. I may just watch the final episode on my bike tonight and get it over with.
    Flag
  • NPMarie 9 years ago said:
    I started DA last night, hopefully will finish tonight..
    Flag
    Well, well, well....Rose's mother is something else. She & Mary could hold a "Who's the biggest bitch" contest. I had no idea they had stag parties back then! You are so right Frankieanne, the camera's back then weren't small at all! Maybe that's why they didn't show the photographer!

Wow on the pic of the Prince Janet! He's quite handsome:) I hope Violet does find a chance at some happiness with him!

Poor Anna! I wonder who killed Green? Do you think it's someone we know? I'm stumped.

I think everyone agrees that the name Marigold is quite..ummm...different! I love that Lord G finally figured out Marigold was actually his granddaughter..and also love that he had a special memorial plaque made for Mrs. Patmore's nepher..I really think he's a good guy..for the most part:)

LOL Frankieanne on needing anti-depressants..I think Mosely & Baxter are such a sweet couple..
    Flag
    I finished up the season last night while riding my exercise bike. I'll be all ready to go next week. Its a long one, ladies. You may have to watch it the next day if you don't want to stay up late!
    Flag
    It's close to 2 hours long isn't it FA? I usually start watching DA Sunday night and finish when I can:)
    Flag
    Yes, it was about 1 hour 40 minutes or so. I think. I only stayed on the bike for one hour! haha :)
    Flag
    ONLY 1 hour on the bike! That's like forever:-D Good job!
    I am soooo wanting to know what happens in the finale, but I won't ask..I'll just wait:)
    Flag
  • chuckieb 9 years ago said:
    Frankieanne....tell us how you REALLY feel! LOLOL. You do sound like you are no longer enamoured with DA. :) Good point about the camera. I am looking forward to the Finale epsisode and the longer the better as then I have a long wait until Season Six. I second the "Good for you on one hour on the bike". That's alot.
    I'm stumped about who killed Mr. Green as well Marie. And Mosely and Baxter are pretty cute.
    Flag
    haha I didn't hold back, did I. Its just that I don't watch much TV. Or movies, for that matter. Its not that I think its "bad" or anything like that. I just have other things I personally prefer to do. So, when I watch TV or a movie I want it to be worth my time. This just isn't working for me anymore. Thanks for listening. :-)
    Still trying to get off my Thanksgiving and Christmas eating pounds that crept into January and now February! I need many more hours on that bike!!
    Flag
    It's fun to hear other people's opinions. :) I think Downton is still one of my fave shows on TV. Second to Hockey of course. :)
    Flag
    It is fun hearing other's views! I seem to miss a lot when watching DA and you all don't!
    I also feel like Downton isn't as good as it was the last few seasons....

Hey Janet, have you been watching Grantchester? Season 1 is over now, but they are planning on a Season 2 sometime next year..I really like that program:)
    Flag
    I heard you talking about Granchester Marie and watched one episode of it and liked it very much. Then I forgot to PVR it. I may watch it when season 2 starts then. In one scene of the show that we did watch both Jim and I recognized a street and King's College Chapel in Cambridge so I googled it and sure enough some of the scenes in Grantchester were filmed in Cambridge so that was fun since we've spent some time there.
    Flag
    How cool that you were there in person where they filmed! It looks like such a lovely place..I'll try to remind you when it's back on again:) It will be a while I'm afraid:(
    Flag
  • Good4U 9 years ago said:
    They will probably rerun Grantchester Season One again a couple of times this year so you can catch it, Janet. I will try and remember if I see it for you.
    Flag
    You're right Joce, they will probably run Grantchester season 1 before season 2 starts! It is such a great program..what a cutie patootie Vicar:)
    Flag

Have a comment? Join this group first →