Season 5 Finale - SA!

• chuckieb 9 years ago
    Sigh. It's over. And I remain a true fan who's going to really miss my Sunday night addiction. :)
    Thought the whole interaction with Atticus's Father and the Mistress, 'Diana' was marvellous. The old "Those in Glass houses" image big time.
    Ai yi yi on how horrid Lord Sinderby's Butler was to Tom.
    Best scene....Carson proposing to Mrs. Hughes.
    LOL @ Robert having too much to drink at the Christmas Party.
    It's been a slice. :)
    Flag
  • NPMarie 9 years ago said:
    I agree, the very best part was when Carson proposed to Mrs. Hughes..I still wonder when their 1st kiss will be:)
    I really like Lord G! He's such a hoot! I wonder if Tom will be back next season since he's moving to the states? I also wonder why everyone just sat & listened to Lord S's butler treating Tom that way..I would have let him have it..guess things were different back then?

So sad about Lord G's dog dying..I don't understand why that had to happen!

Now we wait patiently until next January:(
    Flag
    I was wondering if Isis was removed from the show because of the name
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/downton-abbey-dog-isis-days-744060
    Flag
  • frankieanne 9 years ago said:
    I read somewhere else, Marie, that the name had nothing to do with it. Downton first takes place in 1912 (when the Titanic sank) and now it is 1924. Frankly, doesn't Lady Mary look fabulous for being 12 years older! ha I think that is another reason why they are thinking of ending Downton. Maggie Smith said that Violet would be about 110 now! The kids and the dog are the only ones visibly getting older!
    Back later. In the middle of laundry throes. :-P
    Flag
  • chuckieb 9 years ago said:
    FSW would have totally told Lord Sinderby's Butler off Marie....even back in 1924. :) Never even put two and two together in relation to Isis and the Jihadists. Not a good connotation that's for sure.
    I think they all look fabulous Frankieanne. It's been so much fun watching them and seeing all the hoity toity clothes and furnishings. Good luck with the laundry.
    Flag
    Oh ok, I guess we will never know why they killed that beautiful dog off:( Thanks Frankieanne for the info! Yes, Lady Mary looks amazing for being 12 years older!!!

LOL Janet, yes, I'm afraid FSW would be in all sorts of trouble if she lived back in 1924:) Probably be in jail or worse..haha

Looks like the only thing coming up on Masterpiece is Mr. Selfridge March 29...
    Flag

Have a comment? Join this group first →