Got any good ideas to feed 10 starving guys?

• firecapt 16 years ago
    At work we trade off on the cooking detail. It is rough to come up with a menu that everyone will like. So, I leave it to you...
    Flag
  • rml 16 years ago said:
    Make your own Tacos or Faheetas(sp?). Have lots of sides....sour cream-(still in the container)-who wants to clean an xtra bowl? Chopped onion, tomato...browned hamburger, pre-shredded (buy in bulk) cheese, peppers...You can have a choice of Hard traditional Tacos, soft Tacos (which I'm sure any Macho "person" who dares to reach for a "soft" Taco would be teased....Faheetas(sp?)...pre-grill and re-heat strips of beef and chicken (you can use precooked rotisserie). Serve/Make it yourself.
    Hubby is in the Navy and we had Lots of Chili, hotdog, sub-sandwich sale days. I like simple.
    You can also boil spaghetti and have different toppings in different bowls....Ragu (they don't have to know), Olive Oil, garlic and parsley, Butter and Parm, Clam.....
    Flag
  • rml 16 years ago said:
    Oh, add a bag of salad! Gotta have the Veggi!
    Flag
  • rml 16 years ago said:
    You could also grab one of those Fruit platter thingies, throw everything into a large bowl and have a smaller bowl full of Lemon or Lime Yogurt.....just for a quickie dessert.

This looks like an interesting site:

http://www.firehousechef.com/1edition/
    Flag
  • rml 16 years ago said:
    The Yogurt would be the topping...but I think you knew that :)
    Flag
  • rml 16 years ago said:
    OK, this is my last suggestion....I promise! Chicken, beef or Veggie Kabobs.....make your own. You can have all of the stuff in different bowls and place skewers (pre-soaked) at the beginning of the table. Onion, bell pepper, cherry tomato, pineapple, shrinp.....pretty much anything. Make your own (wash your hands after!) and then have one or two grills going. They can also cook their own. - Can you tell that I'm into "serve thyself?" You could have rice or couscous as a side and throw in ice cream sandwiches.....cookies with ice cream in the middle, or just go to Sam's and buy a ton of Dove bars, add some fresh strawberries and perhaps some Chia tea.....water walking!
    Flag
  • linebb956 16 years ago said:
    I have a vintage.. from the 60's San Francisco Fire house cookbook... Great recipes... Would U like me to post some... ???? What is your favorite... seafood... chicken... beef.. they have all! These are from the firehouses there... I love those recipes..
    Flag
  • lovebreezy 13 years ago said:
    Geeze Linebb956, I'd like to see some of those SF FH recipes. I love my Denver FH cookbooks. If you do post, if you do see this 2 years later response, I hope you'll titled them as Fire House recipes so they don't get lost in the mix.
    In fact, I'd love all the other Firefighters around to post some of their local favorites. Fire House recipes are some of the best there are.
    Flag
  • FireChick83 13 years ago said:
    I have a really good recipe for homemade goulash. It's easy and it fed my family of 5 for 2 days. :) I love to cook in larger amounts because leftovers are great. :)
    Flag

Have a comment? Join this group first →