Season 6 final episode

• frankieanne 14 years ago
    Tonight: 10 p EST/7 PST. Doesn't look like it repeats after.

Go Kevin!
    Flag
  • wynnebaer 14 years ago said:
    I can't believe this season is over!!!

GO KEVIN!!!
    Flag
  • pleclare 14 years ago said:
    I will watch tomorrow night!
    Flag
  • frankieanne 14 years ago said:
    Ok, pleclare. We'll wait for you! :)
    Flag
  • bobbyc0117 14 years ago said:
    Not the winner I wanted to see.
    Flag
    I ended up taping it to watch tonight too.
    Flag
    OK, wynne. You and pleclare can let us know when you're done. :)
    Flag
  • hogwart 14 years ago said:
    I am most unhappy with the turnout. Why? Why? Why? Why? :(
    Flag
    Is everyone else finished watching yet? I'm going to explode pretty soon. :)
    Flag
    I am done watching. Who else needs to see it?
    Flag
    Wynne was going to watch last night.
    Flag
    We will wait to hear from her!
    Flag
  • notyourmomma 14 years ago said:
    I'm so very unhappy. NOT PLEASED with the outcome at all. Bummer!!!!!
    Flag
    Yeah, nym. I can't wait to talk about this!
    Flag
    Yeah! Me too. Shouldn't have happened that way!
    Flag
    OK - can't wait anymore. Spoiler alert!!!

Why did Michael win? I don't understand. I didn't expect Kevin to win after the challenge. But at judges' table, they were all raving about Bryan's venison, Bryan's dessert. Michael's dessert would have been perfect but the cake was dry, etc etc. Why did he win? Did I miss something?

Reminds me of last season when Hosea won. No one expected him to win and no one seemed to want him to win - but he did. Makes me wonder if they are editing stuff out to mislead us.

Any thoughts?
    Flag
  • notyourmomma 14 years ago said:
    Michael's attitude sucked all season.....I thought Bryan's food was better too. What did we miss? They did say "he didn't push it" on the appetizer. Maybe he was too safe? I liked Kevin first, but his food was not spectacular this round and he shot himself in the foot. I saw the "promo" for the reunion show and he was saying about how he nearly quit because of compromising his ideals....did you see that?
    Bryan's demeanor was quieter and more respectful and his food was stunning. That dessert was awesome. I just don't get it at all.
    Flag
    I don't get it either. Viewers favs. were Kevin,Bryan andd michael in that order. Definitely think Bryan's food was better. It is like we missed something. Oh well!!
    Flag
  • justjakesmom 14 years ago said:
    We watched it Friday night! I was highly disappointed as well with the winner! I wanted Kevin to win or even Bryan would have been fine... BUT Michael. What a cocky sucker! Yeah, Tina what was up with Kevin saying that, I heard him too in the preview say that. I was disappointed in his last dishes too, who knows what happened. I didn't understand their choice either after all the comments... strange indeed.
    Flag
    Sorry Ladies, to hold you up on discussing the show....Lot's going on this week for me....Still haven't watched it but so sorry to hear the result....I really wanted Kevin to win.
    Flag
    Oh CRAP Wynne, i thought I read above that you had seen it! Sorry for spoiling....
    Flag
    I posted a spoiler alert above, jjm. So I don't think we spoiled it for wynne. I hope not anyway!

I know that Bravo can edit the show (duh) but I almost feel like some comments at judges' table must have been edited out. That can only explain it. I kinda feel like I was misled, but oh well. I'm sure I'll get over it. :)

Definitely going to watch the reunion show to see what they all have to say.
    Flag
    Yeah, hubby hates the reunion shows, but I'll record and watch. They do seem a bit scripted at times though.
    Flag
    Here is a hilarious take on the outcome.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/12/top-chef-season-6-finale-winners-kevin-gillespie-bryan-michael-voltaggio.html
    Flag
  • bobbyc0117 14 years ago said:
    Iam starting to wonder about the judges motives in picking the winner. Bryan owns a restaurant as does Kevin, do ya think the judges felt that little mikey needed it more.
    Flag
    Tom's blog actually explains the outcome very well.

http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/blogs/tom-colicchio/bait-n-switch
    Flag

Have a comment? Join this group first →