BRAISED ORIENTAL CABBAGEFrom spinach1948 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- ½ small head green cabbage ( about ½ pound ) shopping list
- 1 small head bok choy ( about ¾ pound ) shopping list
- ½ cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2 Tbs. reduced-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbs. rice wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 Tbs. brown sugar shopping list
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes (optional ) shopping list
- 1 Tbs. water shopping list
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- 1)cut cabbage into 1-inch pieces. Cut the woody stems from Bok Choy leaves; slice stems into ½ -inch pieces. Cut tops of leaves into ½-inch slices; set aside.
- 2)Combine cabbage and Bok Choy stems in a large non-stick skillet. Add broth, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and red pepper flakes, if desired.
- 3)Bring to a biol over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 4)Blend water into cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth. Stir into skillet. Cook and stir 1 minute or until sauce boils and thickens.
- 5)Stir in reserved Boy Choy leaves; cook 1 minute.
- Calories per serving: 34, Fat: 1g, Carbohydrate: 6g, Sodium: 170mg