Grilled Tuscan Bread SaladFrom sosousme 7 years ago
- 8 ounces ciabatta or other dense crusty Italian bread (not sourdough), sliced in 1/2 inch slices shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup cherry tomato halves (or diced whole tomatoes) shopping list
- 2 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- salt and coarsely ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Brush the bread on both sides with 1/4 cup olive oil. Place on the grill and grill until well toasted, being careful not to burn it; turning as needed. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a large bowl whisk together the remaining olive oil and red wine vinegar. Add the tomatoes, onions and garlic; season with salt and a generous amount of black pepper. Add the bread cubes and basil, toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- Per Serving: 271 Calories (63.8% from fat); 19g Fat (3g Sat, 14g Mono, 2g Poly); 4g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 402mg Sodium.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
The Rating4 people
This is one of my favorite salads in the whole world! And you just gave me a great idea for this Labor day menu!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
I believe that Ina has a similar recipe and she loves it. She says the bread is the best part. I am really looking forward to trying this. Thanks so much for the post. A 5 from me.tablescape in loved it
Another good one! I'm gaining weight just looking at your recipes, lol!floridiangourmet in Hudson loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!