Spinach Goat Cheese Stuffed Beef TenderloinFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
How to make it
- Lay loin fat side down then make a cut lengthwise down the center about 2/3 of the way through.
- Push meat flat and starting from deepest part of center cut make 1" lengthwise horizontal cut.
- Push meat flat again then rinse spinach leaves and dip into boiling water to wilt slightly.
- Line meat lengthwise with spinach overlapping as needed extending 4" beyond ends of meat.
- Spoon cheese onto leaves down center of roast then sprinkle evenly with parmesan.
- Fold extended leaves over cheese flush with ends of meat then lap across cheese lengthwise.
- Gently roll loin back into a log and tie with cotton string at 2" intervals.
- Set loin cut side down in a rectangular baking dish and sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake at 375 for 1 hour then remove from oven and let stand 20 minutes.
- Transfer roast to platter and keep warm then skim and discard fat from pan drippings.
- Add broth and whisk until smooth then boil over high heat until reduced to 1-1/4 cup.
- Cut loin into 1" slices then remove string and serve with sauce.