Graham Cracker Cake Old SchoolFrom sbhardin 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crunch the graham crackers with your hands until you have crushed the entire box or pulverize in a food processor until the size of bread crumbs. I don't use the box of crumbs, I found them to be stale.
- In this order combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar.
- Stir until they are well combined, add the evaporated milk, water and the eggs, one at a time.
- Finally add the pecans and stir until combined.
- Bake for one to one and a half hour. Check with a toothpick at 1 hour mark.
- Remove the from the oven let it cool slightly.
- Cut it into squares and serve warm.
- Topping: You might want to sprinkle powdered sugar or spread whipped cream on top.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooksbhardin Dallas, TX
The Rating5 people
I remember this one! Showing my age here...lol..thanks for the memory, and five forks for you!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
I've never heard of this, but sounds really yummy. Thanks so much and you have my 5 forks too!heididouth in Upper Mills loved it
My neighbor introduced me to this wonderful cake. Thanks for sharing the orginal version. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it