Chocolate Tres Leche CakeFrom jadavis702 6 years ago
- cake shopping list
- * 6 eggs, separated shopping list
- * 2 cups light brown sugar, packed shopping list
- * 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- * 1/2 cup cocoa powder shopping list
- * 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- * 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- * 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- Sauce shopping list
- * 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk shopping list
- * 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- * 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted shopping list
- * 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a cardboard circle using the bottom of cake pan as a guide; set aside.
- Grease a 13x9 pan then dust with powdered cocoa, knocking out excess.
- For the cake, in a large bowl combine flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- In a measuring cup, combine the milk and vanilla.
- Set both aside.
- Place egg whites in a clean bowl and beat at high speed until peaks are formed.
- Turn the mixer down to medium speed and gradually add the sugar to the egg whites.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, add egg yolks and beat for 3 minutes.
- Continue beating egg white mixture on medium-low speed and add flour and milk alternately until well blended.
- bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Leave the cake in the baking pan.
- While the cake is still warm, punch holes in cake with wooden skewer.
- Combine the sauce ingredients and pour evenly over the entire cake.
- Place the cake in refrigerator and allow to cool.
- Let cake stand at room temperature for at least 15 minutes before serving
- Garnish with fresh strawberries or dust lightly with powdered sugar.
The Cookjadavis702 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating5 people
I feel a bit of drool dribbling down the side of my mouth, lol Sounds lovely. Thanks!!heididouth in Upper Mills loved it
Mmmm love Tres Leche Cake.turtle66 in Sacramento loved it
This sounds wonderful, you have my 5 forks.henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!