Spicy South Indian CauliflowerFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 large head cauliflower shopping list
- 2 jalapeno peppers minced shopping list
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes shopping list
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds lightly toasted and ground shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 lime cut in wedges for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Place cauliflower in a steaming basket above 1" of boiling water then cover and steam 1 minute. Lift the lid and allow steam to escape for 15 seconds then cover again and steam 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and refresh with cold water then quarter larger florets and set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat then add ginger, cumin and jalapenos.
- Stir fry one minute then add cauliflower and stir fry 3 minutes longer.
- Stir in tomatoes, ground coriander, cayenne, turmeric and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cook stirring for 5 minutes until tomatoes have cooked down and mixture is fragrant.
- Taste and adjust salt then stir in cilantro and stir for another 30 seconds.
- Serve with lime wedges on the side for squeezing.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
With a name like hot it up. It is my obligation to give this five forks.
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
wow kicked up recipe tasty thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Without even trying it I know this will be great. 5 forks for sure!jeef_boner in Havelock North loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!