Long Green Beans and New Potatoes in Mustard Seed CurryFrom darmorrow 9 years ago
- 9 oz long green beans, cut in half shopping list
- 9 oz new potatoes, precooked but firm shopping list
- 1 T cup canola oil, 1 T home made ghee shopping list
- 3 cups of pureed tomatoes - use one large can (798ml) or 6 large fresh shopping list
- 4 1/2 tsp cumin seeds shopping list
- 1 Tbsp black mustard seeds shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1Tbsp cayenne pepper or to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp tumeric shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Precook the potatoes and cool under water. Slice into 1/2inch pieces
- Heat oil and ghee (can sub butter) for 1 min on high.
- Add cumin seeds and sizzle 30 seconds. Turn heat to medium.
- Add tomatoes, mustard seeds, salt cayenne and tumeric.
- Stir and cook well. 10 minutes.
- Add freen beans and potatoes and cook 5 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Serve in 6 individual bowls.Goes well with brown rice and french green lentil Piaf.
The Cookdarmorrow North Vancouver, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!