Green Goddess Chicken SaladFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 2 oil-packed anchovies, drained shopping list
- 1 small garlic clove shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed basil leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dill shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves shopping list
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- One 1-pound loaf of ciabatta—bottom crust reserved for another shopping list
- use, bread cut into 1-inch cubes shopping list
- One 2-pound rotisserie chicken—skin and bones discarded, meat shopping list
- pulled into large bite-size pieces shopping list
- 8 piquillo peppers (from a 9.8-ounce jar), drained and quartered shopping list
- lengthwise shopping list
- 3 inner celery ribs with leaves, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor, pulse the anchovies, garlic, parsley, basil, dill and oregano until coarsely chopped.
- Add the mayonnaise and lemon juice and process until smooth.
- Fold in the chives; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the ciabatta with the chicken, piquillo peppers,
- celery and olives.
- Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Note: may make dressing up to 2 days ahead
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
This looks like a great recipe but I'm wondering about the anchovies. I'm not a huge fan of those salty little fish so I was thinking maybe I could only put one fillet in instead of 2 or leave them out completely. It's not that I totally dislike them...morepeepers in loved it
I am not a big anchovy eater either, will only use one, looks very yum!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
Quick N Easy123 members
Modern Entertaining72 members
Salads Galore255 members
Short Cut Cooking221 members
FRESH HERB NUT31 members
Pot Luck Entertaining102 members
Chicken Its Whats For DInner121 members
Chicken Please145 members
Delicious Foods39 members