White Cheddar Eggs Over Potato CakesFrom cuzpat 6 years ago
- 4 lrg baking potatoes peeled, grated shopping list
- 3 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp freshly-ground white pepper shopping list
- 2 tbl olive oil plus shopping list
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 doz large eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions shopping list
- 1 tbl chopped fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- 1 tbl butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Wrap the grated potatoes in a large clean towel and squeeze out the excess starch. Get them as dry as possible. Unwrap and put the potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add 2 teaspoons of the salt, 1 teaspoon of the white pepper, and the olive oil and toss to mix well. Form the mixture into 12 small cakes about 3 inches in diameter and 1 inch thick.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a 10- or 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it"s hot but not smoking. Fry the cakes, several at a time, until they are golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels and keep warm.
- Pour off the oil and wipe the skillet clean. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy, about 1 minute. Add the remaining teaspoon salt, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, half-and-half, green onions, and parsley. Whisk to blend.
- In the skillet, heat the butter over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the egg mixture. Using a wooden spoon, stir the eggs and cook until the mixture sets slightly, but is still soft, 7 to 8 minutes. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer if firmer eggs are desired. Add the cheese, stir gently for about 30 seconds, and remove from heat. Continue stirring the mixture until the cheese melts completely.
- To serve, top each potato cake with an equal portion of the eggs. Serve warm.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating5 people
These sound yummy! Thanks for the post.
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
sounds great, I also like to melt provolone cheese on a potato cake and top with a over easy egg.\0
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
They sound great to me! Yum.mrsc543 in North Reading loved it