Hot and Sour Soup with ShrimpFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen peeled and deveined shrimp shopping list
- 3-1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 of a 15-ounce jar whole straw mushrooms, drained, or one 6-ounce jar sliced mushrooms, drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar or white vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 4 ounces firm, silken-style tofu (fresh bean curd), cut into bite-size pieces shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cold water shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen snow peas shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot (1 medium) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion (1) shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. In a large saucepan combine chicken broth, mushrooms, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 2 minutes. Stir in shrimp and tofu. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 1 minute more.
- 2. Stir together cornstarch and cold water; stir into chicken broth mixture. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in peas, carrot, and green onion. Pour egg into the soup in a steady stream, stirring a few times to create shreds.
- 3. Makes 4 servings (about 6 cups)
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating4 people
I have always wanted to make this soup and never had the courage - but this sounds so wonderful I have bookmarked and saved and will make this real soon. Always my choice when we go for Chinese food.
Thanks once again Peeta!
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
Thanks high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Favorite Asian soup.\0
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!