Tangy Sweet Potato saladFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes or yams, scrubbed, quartered lengthwise, and cut crosswise into 3/4-inch pieces (2 large or 3 medium potatoes) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 scallions or green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Place potato slices in vegetable steamer.
- Place steamer over 2-inches of water in large pot.
- Cover pot. Bring to a boil on high heat.
- Steam potatoes 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender when pierced with knife.
- Remove steamer from pan.
- Peel potatoes when cool enough to handle (about 10 minutes).
- Place potatoes in mixing bowl.
- Combine vinegar, pickle relish, mustard, salt, and pepper in jar with tight-fitting lid.
- Shake well.
- Add vegetable oil.
- Shake well again.
- Toss warm potatoes with dressing.
- Add scallions and red pepper, if used.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- If you don't have a steamer boil for 10 to 15 minutes
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Petedagnabbit in Barrie loved it
wow! different for sure gotta try this print try and save thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This tastes great! Thanks Midgeletclemma in Halifax loved it
Quick N Easy122 members
Salads Galore254 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Pass The Potatoes103 members
Potato Salad17 members
Secret Ingredients54 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
Salads Salads And More Salads112 members