Spinach and Artichoke Mac and CheeseFrom mrsc543 6 years ago
- 1 lb penne pasta shopping list
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated shopping list
- 3 Tbsp flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup white wine shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- nutmeg shopping list
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and wrung dry in kitchen towel shopping list
- 10 oz box of frozen chopped artichokes, defrosted and wrung dry in kitchen towel shopping list
- ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups Fontina cheese, plus some additional to sprinkle on top shopping list
- 1 1/4 ups grated parmigiano Reggiano, plus some additional to sprinkle on top shopping list
How to make it
- Place a large pot of water over high heat to cook pasta. When water is boiling, salt it well and drop the pasta in. Cook to al dente. Drain and reserve.
- While pasta is cooking, place a medium pot over low heat with 2 Tbsp of olive oil and butter. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and sprinkle flour into the pan. Cook about 1 minute and then whisk in wine, cooking for another minute to burn off alcohol.
- Whisk the milk into the pan and bring to a bubble.
- Add the nutmeg, veggies, some salt and pepper to the sauce and simmer until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the cheeses to the sauce and stir until melted.
- Toss the prepared sauce with the cooked pasta and transfer to a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle some more Fontina and Parmigiano over the top and bake at 350 degrees until the cheese has melted and the top is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookmrsc543 North Reading, MA
The Rating6 people
different tastey Mac and Cheese thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sounds wonderful!!! Many thanks!chefbaudri in Grand Rapids loved it
wow, great post and I love it already!midgelet in Eastern loved it