Slow Cooker Macaroni and CheeseFrom modelsmom 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups skim or low fat milk shopping list
- 1 (15oz) can evaporated skim milk shopping list
- 1 large egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- large pinch pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar shopping list
- 8oz macaroni (about 2 cups), uncooked shopping list
- 2 T parmesan shopping list
How to make it
- Coat slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the fresh milk with the evaporated milk, egg, salt, and pepper in the cooker, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the cheese and macaroni (uncooked), and gently stir with a rubber spatula to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle the parmesan on top.
- Cover and cook on low until the custard is set in the center, and the pasta is tender, 3.5 to 4 hours. Do not cook more than 4 hours; the sides will dry out and burn.
- Macaroni and Italian Cheese: For the cheddar, substitute a combination of 1 cup shredded fontina (4oz), and half a cup of diced of shredded mozzarella (2oz).
- Macaroni and Swiss Cheese: Substitute an equal amount of shredded gruyere or emmenthal for the cheddar.
- Macaroni and Bleu Cheese: Add half a cup of crumbled gorgonzola (2oz), stilton, or roquefort to the cheddar and macaroni.
People Who Like This Dish 20
- kimberlydawn Pauls Valley, OK
- bajamsw Nowhere, Us
- CROCKPOTparami Nowhere, Us
- astoutyeoman Royersford, PA
- Rachel817 Salem, Oregon
- glittercat Williamstown, NJ
- bossladyp Nowhere, Us
- cinnamongal Mequon, WI
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- tuilelaith Columbia, MO
- Plus 10 othersFrom around the world!