Broccoli and Blue cheese soupFrom hot_it_up 6 years ago
- 32 oz blue cheese shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks celery chopped shopping list
- 1 potato, chopped shopping list
- 11/2 lbs of broccoli rough chopped (remove tough stems) shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- salt and ground pepper shopping list
- walnut oil and olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Take a big saucepan, heat butter and stir in onion and potato. Cook for about 5 minutes. Then add broccoli and keep on cooking for another 5 minutes. After that add water and boil everything for 15 minutes.
- Then put the cooked vegetables in a food processor or blender and half of the cooking liquid.. blend until smooth. Adding a little more liquid if to thick
- Save the rest of the cooking liquid to be frozen as a stock.
- Strain the soup back into the saucepan. Reheat again stirring, but do not boil. lightly season with salt and pepper. Divide into 4 soup bowls
- I divide the cheese in 4 equal portions in small bowls on saucers with
- a verity of crackers so guest can add the amount of cheese they want to the soup or on a cracker topped with one of the oils. A thin sliced meat of your choice can be served as well.
- And of course some good Wine
The Cookhot_it_up Columbiana, AL
The Rating5 people
Sound fine to me!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Wow, fantastic 5 as I love both!!!!!!!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Very interesting sounding. I must give this a try this autumn!
thanks!stylgurl in Toledo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!