Slow Cooker Salsa MeatloafFrom modelsmom 7 years ago
- 2lbs ground beef, preferably lean shopping list
- 1 large egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups thick salsa of your choice, mild or medium shopping list
- 3 T red onion, minced shopping list
- 2 tsp dried marjoram or oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 T olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the ground beef, egg, oats, and 1 cup of the salsa in a large bowl. Add the onion, marjoram, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Using your hands or a large fork, mix gently but thoroughly, being careful not to compact the meat.
- Make an aluminum foil "cradle" that will help you easily removce the meatloaf from the slow cooker when it's done: Tear off a sheet of foil about 24 inches long. Place it along the edge of the counter and tear it in half lengthwise. Fold each piece in half lengthwise, then in half again. Place the strips in the cooker in a cross shape, centering them. The edges will hang over the edges of the cooker.
- Place the meat mixture on top of the strips and shape into an oval or round loaf (depending on the shape of your slow cooker), by pressing it gently, and evening out the top.
- Bend the foil strips toward the meatloaf so they will not prevent the slow cooker's cover from closing properly.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Turn the cooker to LOW and cook about 6 hours.
- About 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time, combine the remaining oil with the remailing half-cup salsa. Bend the foil strips out of the way and pour the mixture over the meatloaf. Re-cover and cook another 30 minutes.
- You should be able to easily lift the meatloaf out of the cooker using the foil handles.
The Cookmodelsmom Worcester, MA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!