Jimmy Fallons Crock-Pot ChiliFrom cuzpat 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 1/2 pounds ground chuck beef, ground for chili shopping list
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 large white onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 habanero chile, seeded and very finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup chile powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 (28-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped with their juices shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving shopping list
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle amber beer shopping list
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- tortilla chips, for serving shopping list
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for serving shopping list
- chopped tomatoes, for serving shopping list
- sour cream, for serving shopping list
- lime wedges, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, add beef and cook until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; drain in a colander, discarding fat, and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon olive oil to skillet and reduce heat to medium. Add onions, garlic, and habanero; season with salt. Cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- In a 6-quart Crock-Pot, combine beef, onion mixture, chile powder, oregano, cumin, and cayenne pepper; stir to combine. Add tomatoes, cilantro, and beer; cover and cook on high, stirring occasionally, for 5 hours.
- Add kidney beans and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook, uncovered, until thickened, about 30 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and serve with desired toppings.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating6 people
Sounds really yummy!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
great flavor combo tastey chilli Yeah high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it