Sirloin Au PoivreFrom viejoverde 7 years ago
- 4 1'' thick sirlion steak shopping list
- 1.5 tablespoons coarse-grind black pepper shopping list
- pinch sea salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brandy shopping list
- 3/4 cup red wine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 table spoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups mushroom sliced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 minced garlic clove minced shopping list
- 1/3 cup beef broth shopping list
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Marinade steak in wine for about 20 minutes. remove
- sprinkle with pepper and gently force pepper down with s apoon or
- a mallet on both sides. i a large heave skillet or frying pan,heat and oil and butter in pan. cook steaks 5 minutes on one side. add cognac(be careful with flames).turn steaks to other side and cook for further 3 minutes. remove and keep warm. in skillet add garlic and cook for 30 seconds,stirring few times.add mushroomsand stir for about 1 minutes,add dijon mustard,worcestershire sauce,some of the wine marinade and the beef stock.add THYME SPRIGS.
- bring to boil, add steak and cook sccop some of the sauce on top of steak. total time for cooking steak should not exceed 13 minutes for medium rare and 15 minutes for medium........personally iprefer RARE.
- GOOD APPRECIATIVE FRIENDS,FEW BOTTLES OF CABERNET SDAUVIGNON,MERLOT OR PINOT NOIR.....
The Cookviejoverde London, GB
The Rating5 people
Wonderful post - my husband and I love this! Yes rare is the way to go!
Thanks for the post and high 5!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
One of my faves.californiacook in loved it
Wonderful!!pleclare in Framingham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!