Slow Cooker Lemon Buttermilk Spoon CakeFrom modelsmom 7 years ago
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, preferably Meyer lemon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp Boyajian lemon oil OR 1/8 tsp lemon extract shopping list
- 1 T Amaretto shopping list
- 3 large eggs, separated shopping list
How to make it
- Coat the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, and salt.
- Make a well in the center, pour in the buttermilk, lemon juice, lemon oil, and amaretto and stir until well blended.
- Continue stirring, in widening circles, incorporating the dry ingredients, until you have a smooth batter.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks until pale, then whisk into the batter.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Gently whisk in a third of the egg whites into the batter.
- Add the remaining egg whites and fold in gently with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter into the cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until the cake is puffed and the top is set, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. It will be browned around the edges.
- Turn off the cooker andlet it stand, covered, for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- To serve, scoop the warm cake and custardy sauce into individual bowls and top with fresh berries, if desired.
The Cookmodelsmom Worcester, MA
The Rating4 people
wow Im a lemon lover this sounds awsome thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Oh this sounds wonderful! I don't have the lemon oil or extract or I'd be making it today! On my list of desserts. Thanks for the great post.
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!