Vegan Lemon BarsFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 cup minus 2 tbsp flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp fine yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 6 oz low fat firm silken tofu shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- Zest and juice of 3 lemons shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp lemon extract shopping list
- 2 tbsp flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8" pan and line with parchment paper.
- Cream margarine, shortening and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and cornmeal, mix just until the dough comes together.
- Press into the bottom of prepared pan. Bake 20 minutes and set aside to cool while preparing filling.
- Blend tofu until creamy.
- Add sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and lemon extract, pureeing completely.
- Pulse in flour and tapioca starch until well combined.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the prepared crust.
- Cool completely before serving.