New York ReubenFrom valinkenmore 7 years ago
- 8 slices rye bread shopping list
- 4 teaspoons coarse-grain prepared mustard shopping list
- 1 pound corned beef, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 pound swiss cheese, thinly sliced shopping list
- 8 ounces sauerkraut, drained and pressed dry shopping list
- 1/2 cup Russian Dressing (I use Thousand Island) shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon butter shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the sandwiches: On a work surface, place 4 slices of rye bread and spread each with 1 teaspoon mustard. Layer each bread slice with 1/4 pound corned beef followed by 2 ounces Swiss cheese and 2 ounces sauerkraut. Spread 2 tablespoons Russian or Thousand Island Dressing on the remaining 4 slices and place dressing-side down on top of sauerkraut.
- Toast the sandwiches: In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. When butter begins to sizzle, place sandwiches in the pan and toast until golden brown -- about 3 to 5 minutes. Turn sandwiches over and continue to toast for 3 to 5 more minutes. Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating6 people
I dearly LOVE Reuben sandwiches, Valerie!
But instead of the regular prepared mustard, I use Dijon ---- lovely! Thanks for sharing!chefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Awsome Rueben luv it high5 great post thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Five from me! This is my husband's favorite sandwich. He will be grateful to you!!mrsc543 in North Reading loved it