Slow Cooker Applesauce CakeFrom modelsmom 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- pinch of ground allspice shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 5 T unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Line the bottom of the slow cooker with a round of parchment paper. Coat the paper and the sides (1/3 of the way up) with nonstick cooking spray, or grease with butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, brown sugar, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the applesauce, buttermilk, melted butter, and egg. Beat until smooth.
- Add the applesauce mixture to the dry ingredients and beat until smooth and fluffy. Stir in the walnuts.
- Spread the batter evenly in the cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until puffed and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Turn the cooker off, remove the lid, and let it stand for 30 minutes to cool.
- To remove the cake, run a knife around the edge and lift it out with a large rubber spatula.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookmodelsmom Worcester, MA
The Rating4 people
Yum!mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
Another keeper - for sure! You are realkly on a roll! Keep 'em coming!
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
wonderful post!midgelet in Eastern loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!