Apple Strudel With Red FruitFrom migobgr 4 years ago
- 75 gr butter melted. shopping list
- 800 gr apples peeled and cubed. shopping list
- 40 gr brown sugar. shopping list
- 1 ts ground ginger. shopping list
- 1 ts ground cinnamon. shopping list
- 1 tbs honey. shopping list
- 250 gr red fruit (strawberries, cherries etc.). shopping list
- 8 fillo puff pastry. shopping list
- 1 tbs caster sugar and more to sprinkle. shopping list
- For cinnamon cream: shopping list
- 400 ml heavy cream. shopping list
- 2 tbs caster sugar. shopping list
- 1 ts ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 25 gr butter in a frying pan, add the apples cook 15 min on low temp to soften and take color.
- Add brown sugar, honey and the spices and cook 3 min more till sugar is dissolved.
- Put in a bowl to cool .
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- As soon as the apple mixture is cooled add the red fruits and mix well.
- Put a baking paper ( 28 cm X 58 cm on a smooth surface, put 2 fillo on it , brush with melted butter, repeat another 3 times, each time brushing with melted butter ( we have now 4 times 2 fillo = 8).
- Put the fruit mixture in the lenght on the pastry leaving 3 cm empty on all sides, brush a little milk or water around on the empty space.
- Make a roll using the baking paper as a guide and put in a round baking dish with the baking paper.
- Carefully put the ends of the fillo together pushing a little to close.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle custar sugar on top.
- Bake 20-25 min till the fillo becomes golden brown and crispy.
- Beat heavy cream with custar sugar and cinnamon till you have a fluffy mixture.
- Put strudel on a big plate cut in pieces and serve with the cinnamon cream.