Curried Egg Sandwiches with SproutsFrom stefanie 7 years ago
- 1 tsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled shopping list
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 tsp curry powder shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 thin slices whole wheat bread shopping list
- 1/2 cup mixed sprouts shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and caramelized. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- Grate eggs gently (I use the large grater). Mix in caramelized onions, mustard and curry powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread bread slices with mayo. Then top with egg mixture and a fluff of sprouts. Slice in half diagonally.