Chicken Breasts With Crabmeat And MozzarelaFrom rottman 7 years ago
- 1 tb butter shopping list
- 5 tb olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce shopping list
- 8 oz lump crabmeat shopping list
- 8 oz mozarella cheese, shredded shopping list
- 3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts halves, flattened to 1/4-inch thickness and halved shopping list
- coarse kosher salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, fine chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup marsala wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil shopping list
- cooked and buttered flat noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the butter and 1 tb olive oil in a 10-inch skillet. Stir in the tomato sauce and cook for 1 - 2 minutes. Stir in the crab and gently blend. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Blend the hot crab/tomato mixture into a bowl containing the shredded mozarella. Set aside.
- Spread each chicken scallopini with a thin layer of the tomato/crab/cheese mixture, leaving a bit of room on the ends. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Roll each scallopini into a tight roll and then tie with two pieces of kitchen string. Dredge in flour.
- Add 4 tb olive to the skillet. Lightly brown the chicken rolls, adding additional oil as needed. Remove from the pan and drain.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, Marsala, and basil. Bring to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet and cover. Continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken roll-ups from the skillet. Cut the string with kitchen scissors. Turn up the heat on the tomato mixture and thicken. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve the chicken and crab rollups over hot buttered pasta smothered with the tomato-marsala gravy.
- (The original recipe calls for 8 oz sliced mushrooms to be sauted before adding the tomato/garlic/basil mixture.)
The Cookrottman Nottingham, MD
The Rating7 people
The great thing about cooking is, I can add mushrooms and something to hot it up.\0
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
Sounds good enough to eat rott!victoriaregina in USA loved it
These sound delicious! ;')justjakesmom in Everett loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!